Monday, May 25, 2015

It's Out!


It's official: The word is out! Victor and I are planning to adopt a bambino in need of a home into our family.

And I am just going to be honest and say that I am so, so, so, very relieved that the word is out. Victor and I have known since before we were married that our family would be completed through adoption. But of course, this is a complicated and difficult topic to make public. And now - it is out there. Everyone knows. And I am just so relieved.

I also feel so, so, so, very loved after reading and hearing the support that everyone gives us in this (now public) decision. THANK YOU ALL for your thoughts, prayers, and help as we go through this process.

And we can just assume that Victor feels the same since he nodded his head in wholehearted agreement to this post before I made it, like our pending adoption, public.

I have created this blog to keep you all up to date on what is going on as we go through the adoption process, tell you about things we learn along the way (we have already learned many surprising facts and statistics!), give you some insight as to what we might expect about our future family member, and also, perhaps, fill you in some more on the story that has preceded our decision to adopt. For friends and family, I hope it will give you the updates you seek. For others who are going through or discerning whether they are going to go through the process of adoption, I hope it will help you.

If you are interested, please follow the blog! I will be posting some more succinct stuff on Facebook, but you can get the more in-depth details here.

To wrap up, here is the video our dog Nigel asked us to post to showcase how he's such a good a puppy brother. It features one of our darling nephews. It also features some odd, unrelated conversation in the background that involves my mother making horror film sounds. Please focus on the former, not the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment